Tuesday, June 6, 2006

To make this, you will need:

Reading material

McLeod Ganj: 'The Famished Road' by Ben Okri - stunning novel, every line was a dream, full of hope despite so much anguish
Delhi: 'Dance of 17 Lives' by Mick Brown - based on the escape of the 17th Karmapa to Dharamsala
Singapore: 'Remembrance of Things Past' by Marcel Proust - Volume 1. & many many magazines (for the pool).

Favourite Magazines at the mo:

  • RUSSH
  • Madison
  • Computer Arts (WHAT? don't be so surprised!)
  • Bazaar (US version)
  • Shape
  • OK! (Singapore version, less trash more shopping)

It's winter in Sydney, which, is where I live normally. Flying back this coming Saturday night so have been spending as much time by the pool as possible. Which is where the magazines come in. So I can soak up some sunshine whilst researching trends before returning to my *shudder* freezing, miserable and damp hometown. Which I do still love very much, don't get me wrong. But swimming outdoors will be physically impossible, not to mention inadvisable and downright stupid, for the next 5 months.

This is where a Mag Bag would come in handy. I did see one on Saturday when I went out with my best friend since yonks ago Tian, but like a fool, I decided I didn't need one. Not anymore!! I'm going to Topshop straight after this and taking it home with me where it belongs. The cutest blue-green-white Capri by Pucciesque print too, and only $13. That's ok by Singapore standards. Borders has tons of MagBags but they're $26, and I didn't find myself wishing I had one of those this morning when I had to cart my reading material around the pool.. so that's that.

Officially, arriving back in Singapore a second time, before returning back to Sydney was the end of my big trip this year. But I find myself easing out of backpacking mode and preparing for the Great-Search-For-A-Job-And-Apartment-Era. LORD, it won't be pretty...

No comments:

Post a Comment