Sunday, March 6, 2011

Domestic goddessing

Feeling super guilty I didnt buy any presents for my workmates I set about baking these delish looking peanut butter and banana sandwich cookies.

Batch one has been decimated by my very enthusiastic taste testing family. So now I am gearing up to whip up batch two. I should have stuck to my own tastebuds!! Never mind, it's half the fun watching everyone enjoy the cookies.




The recipe is meant to make 36 cookies. I was clumsy and wound up with half that amount.

But I'm loving how rustic and gloopy they look. To be frank my sweet tooth isn't that developed so I like them without the filling.. But I do like how they look. Like down to earth macaroons.



You can get the recipe here (http://www.fitsugar.com/Peanut-Butter-Oatmeal-Sandwich-Cookie-Recipe-13598995).

As usual I had twelve gagillion types of organic wholewheat spelt flour but alas, no baking powder. I found abit of organic self raising flour worked ok.

As I get abit edgy with too much sugar, especially after having an iced coffee earlier on, abit of maple syrup substituted for sugar was just fine. In fact it smells great wafting out of the oven...

- this announcement courtesy of Dommynikki's iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment