Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sanity Check


(Source: duh, Go Fug Yourself, Getty)
I love the Fug polls!
At my work, and maybe it's a lawyer thing, I don't know.. the older lawyers are forever talking about 'sanity checks'.  I resent that it implies that if something is factually inaccurate it suggests that the writer is therefore CERTIFIABLE.  Maybe I am taking things too literally and too personally. 
Maybe. 
But can't people just say 'hey, let's double check this' or 'spell check this' or something.  As if lunacy is needs a check anyway.  Crazy is as crazy does, if I'm crazy you'll JUST KNOW.  You won't be checking. 
If in ten years time I am one of those old drones saying 'can you get so and so to SANITY CHECK this' I apologise in advance.  They got me.  
Until then, I'm pretty pleased to say that my vote went the same way that everyone else who cares about what Rachel Taylor did to her hair and her dress voted.  That's 45%.  I love having votes in common with people.  About important things you know.  Like strange black dresses with odd see through panels and wet looking hair that you JUST KNOW took ages to make it look freshly watered but not dripping sodding wet.  I do like her hair like that, but probably not something I'd get away with.  I don't have people who would appreciate the kind of effort that kind of thing takes. 
I should never have champagne on a Sunday night left to my own devices whilst on #GoFugYourself.

Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment