Saturday, May 20, 2006

Hello, would you like to adopt me?


Strangely enough, I appear to be one of those people who cannot sit alone for longer than 20 minutes, stand in line for more than 45seconds, or walk down a street for half a block, in India, without being adopted by either other travellers or locals

My favourite so far, the lovely MORAN & SCHACHAR who adopted me at the Patna train station and have never let me out of their sight for more than an hour, constantly feed me biscuits, make me oatmeal with rasins for breakfast and at night teach me card games.



In second place, the Christian stranger in Darjeeling who filled out my train ticket reservation form (the official name of that blasted form is much longer, I hate it, it is not my friend), and then when there were no seats available, and I started crying (PMS + jetlag + sheer terror) he took me aside and prayed for me and DIDNT EVEN TRY TO CONVERT ME. He wore spectacles and a flannel shirt. I don't know his name but he was a lovely man.

No comments:

Post a Comment