Saturday, May 20, 2006

I just wanted to watch the movie!

WELL!! Have now been in India since the 11th of this month. So that's 9days, 12 mango lassis and 2000 cups of chai I've been here for. And it is HOT HOT HOT...
The flight to Calcutta was far more traumatic than the shock of being in a completely new place. Instead of watching as many inflight movies as I could manage, found myself asked the following questions by my Thailand-bound neighbor whilst desperately trying to watch the film...
(playing deaf did not work)
"Madam Madam where are you from?"
"Oh I am happy to meet you.. Madam Madam what are you drinking?"
"Madam Madam what is a 'gin'?"
"Madam, is Thailand a free sex country?"
here I thought I must've lost my mind, and assumed, or really, hoped, for the best that I had misheard, and said "I dunno...."
"Aha... Madam, is Australia a free sex country?"
as if this was not enough, there was much display of brochures of lovely women, and he began to LICK the pictures whilst channel surfing for sex scenes which he would then point out to me.
After trying desperately hard to ignore the lipsmacking noises next to me for some time, finally freaked out completely when he covered himself with a blanket, and I just started shrieking that he had to go, NOW.
"OK OK no problem I go now"
"NOW NOW NOW"
Completely not how I planned to start this trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment