Monday, April 14, 2008

Don't let it get to you? Go to a happy place?!

How can I not let it get to me??

I am here, and it is all over my intray, until even my outtray is just one more intray. It already got to me. Past tense.

My happy place is like, Fendi, on sale, with all the ridiculously cheap prices in rupiahs with Mariah Carey blaring on the sound system and FRIENDS on repeat in the background. Did I mention that in my happy place I am also 3 inches taller and wear a size 6?? And no one is in the background throwing all the random tasks that were overdue before I even started in my direction.

My manager hates Mariah Carey btw, so that already cancels out part of my happy place.

Meanwhile, more and more nonsense piles up and I don't learn anything aside from 50 different ways to hyperventilate into a folder that says "Legal - Urgent - Respond Immediately".

*headache*

Tupac did not give me any pointers on what to do next...

He should have suggested:

  • Keep your head up
  • Unless you are in Inverted V pose - and then look at your knees
  • Keep trying
  • Resist the urge to throw everything due back in August 2007 back at the sender and say, "if it wasn't urgent then it's not getting done now"
  • Keep breathing
  • Shrieking wastes oxygen
  • Smile and wave
  • Make faces in the reflection of the monitor when yet one more person rings you, emails, writes you, faxes you to say "oh how come this hasn't been done yet?"
  • Don't freak out, see shriekin
  • Don't resort to substance abuse
I am tired of being tired. It's only Monday. GAH.

Happy place.
Happy place.
Happy place.
Urgh.

I will wear my Fendi scarf, bring my Fendi bag and upload all my Mariah Carey songs onto my ipod and start again tomorrow. Plus, then I can wash my Les Pliages...

2 comments:

  1. I want to quit my job. I have been making stupid mistakes for the past few days. Each single day giving myself a mini heart attack. But today I really got it from someone. I informed her too late that we are acting for her and she went to file her taxes already. If she complains, I am so dead. Even if she doesn't, I am already dead. I hate me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a mini heart attack all the time too. i hate that feeling.
    brian reckons you can get into audit or consulting or do economic analysis?!

    or we can just run away

    ReplyDelete