Friday, April 4, 2008

Too much uni work leads to avoidance tactics involving Facebook and Pringle-testing

Best flavour for Pringles ------ Smokey Bacon!!! Beats Texan BBQ handsdown. I always maintain that if one is going to eat processed junk then let it be the one with the most artificial flavouring - why bother with Original???

Facebook application overload --- in one day, I became a fan of Miu Miu, Fendi, Balenciaga and Will & Grace. I added Sticky photos to my home page. I congratulated every person with a new job and wished happy birthday to everyone else. I updated my Stylepix (whatever that is). I, who cannot actually stand Facebook and who prefers to blog instead.

Don't get me wrong though, I have still not done anything about the 251 emails in my Hotmail account, the 78 emails in my Yahoo account, the 12 voice messages on my mobile and the 241 (and rising) notification requests in my Facebook account.

All I am trying to say is that there is nothing like assignment time for suddenly catching up with old friends, rekindling random interests in or doing laundry.

MacQuarie University has a strict 'don't hand it in, don't bother coming back' policy for reports. I am lucky I went to UNSW for my first degree (weekends are freebies if you can afford the one day penalty for missing a Friday deadline, you get the next two days free!) and now UTS. I have found the deadlines vary between subjects. Is this my lecturer's preference? Dunno.

My report was due yesterday - I console myself with the thought that if I had become a writer, that I would be perfect at my job. Always missing deadlines and avoiding editors. I am employed in insurance at the moment and so far have not found it possible to miss deadlines. Dammit.

Interestingly though, for this particular subject, one is penalised at the rate of 1/2 mark per day late and 1 mark for every fifty words above 2000 words. So far I am one day late and on 879 words (500 of which are rubbish, which leaves 379 of questionable coherence).

FYI for those who care, this is Constitutional Law. Most people either loathe it or cannot stand it. The remainder are insane and can't get enough. I fit into the niche of those who can tolerate it but just can't stay awake for it. I refuse to sink to using NoDose.

Also, the question being asked in my assignment is the distinction between punitive and protection detention in light of decisions made in the High Court of Australia.

The answer is there is no clear distinction. Nobody could make up their mind.

That's 14 words right there. No chance of being penalised for exceeding the word limit then. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment