Friday, January 27, 2012

All settled in for the morning

 

Hola!  It's the Australia Day holiday here, and the office is closed, so am merrily working from home.
Of a kind.
Meanwhile, I watched From Prada to Nada yesterday.  It's a fun movie, although alot of people were up in arms over the amount of fake tan being used etc etc.  I was far too into the cat eyeglasses Camilla Belle wore in the film to worry about tanning shades.
And Cam's eyebrows.
I have ALWAYS really liked her eyebrows.  How better for you to see what I mean than this image of Cam wearing PURPLE (tick) SEQUINS (tick) with FANTASTIC EYEBROW DEFINITION (tick).
I find the older I get the more important it is for me to have my brows defined over and above anything, yes even more important than mascara.  I've tried pencils, brow gel, powder, those fancy pot/brush combos from Laura Mercier.  Recently I've been using a powder + brush combo, which makes for a more subtle effect for me, however, watching the movie yesterday with Cam's eyebrows making a cameo appearance (please don't groan, ok groan if you must) I'm thinking of spending more time (than ever) on the brow defining.
To go with some cats eye glasses.
I just love watching movies that have been out in the ether for ages but only just picking and choosing some style ideas.  I guess, it's a good indicator of the longevity of the thing.


(source: top image from Coolspotters, no reference given; bottom image from http://traceymattingly.com/makeup/kara-yoshimoto-bua/celebrity/camilla-belle) 
Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment